The LIS LibGuide at The University of Iowa Libraries
Welcome to the School of Library and Information Science (SLIS) at the University of Iowa.
Library and information centers are not what they used to be. The fact that you found your way to this site shows that you already know how rapidly the nature of information is changing. Imagine yourself in a library or information center ten years from now:
- What does it look like?
- What kinds of virtual and actual space do you see?
- What kind of services do you provide?
- Who can find and use your services?
- Who are your colleagues and co-workers?
- What kinds of technology are you using?
- How do your imagination and creativity solve problems in this world?
- What does literacy mean at this time?
If these and other questions about the future of information, the history and preservation of cultural resources, professional collaboration, project design and service interest you, then you may be the kind of student we are seeking.